Safety and Training
Safety is paramount at Atlantic. We're dedicated to maintaining the highest level of training, procedures and management oversight initiatives to keep our customers and employees safe.
- Tow Certified Program: Unique to Atlantic… Line Technicians must be nominated and approved to begin a series of weeks of observation by Senior Management before finally being signed off by the General Manager to begin towing.
- Atlantic has dedicated Safety Coordinators/Officers at every FBO to implement the safety policies and procedures and works closely with our management team to ensure compliance with our highly regarded safety program.
- In addition, Atlantic has strategically aligned Regional Safety and Loss Control Managers (RSLM) throughout the organization to work closely with our FBO managers to keep safety paramount.
- Annual facility visits, ongoing regionalized training for all levels of management and corporate oversight of training compliance are just a few initiatives of our RSLM who focus on keeping you and your aircraft safe.
- Safety performance is continuously monitored by Corporate Risk Management through loss trending reports to ensure we are keeping our customers and our employees safe.
- Safety is of the utmost priority and we recognize that training is a key component to keeping safety paramount. Atlantic Line Service Technicians participate in the Professional Line Service Training (PLST) and are NATA Safety First Certified. PLST has the full support of NATA's Board of Directors, its Safety and Security Committee, the major aviation fuel providers, major insurance underwriters and leading industry experts. It is the industry standard in Line Service Specialist training.